- Department 1 Division 2
Friday, July 13, 2018
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: JUNE 30, 2018
Pairs and Flocks Must Be Entered Online!
1st-$12 2nd-$10 3rd-$8 4th-$6 5th-$4 6th-$2
Class 1-All Other BREEDS
Class 2-Horned Dorest
Class 3- Dorest Advantage
Class 4-Polled Dorset
Class 5 – Hampshire
Class 6 -Katahdin
Class 7- Natural Color
Class 8 – Oxford
Class 9- Shropshire
Class 10- Southdown
Class 11- Suffolk
Class 12- Tunis
- Senior Ram Lamb 9/1/17 – 12/31/17
- Early Junior Ram Lamb 1/1/18- 2/14/18
- Late Junior Ram Lamb 2/15/18 or later
- Pair of Ram Lambs
- Grand Champion Ram Ribbon Only (Lots: 1,2 and 3)
- Reserve Grand Champion Ram Ribbon Only
- Senior Yearling Ewe 9/1/16 – 2/15/17
- Junior Yearling Ewe 2/16/17 – 8/31/17.
- Pair of Yearling Ewes
- Senior Ewe Lamb 9/1/17 – 12/31/17
- Early Junior Ewe Lamb 1/1/18 – 1/31/18
- Intermediate Junior Ewe Lamb 2/1/18 – 2/28/18
- Late Junior Ewe Lamb 3/1/18 or later
- Pair of Ewe Lambs
- Grand Champion Ewe Ribbon Only (Lots:7,8,10,11,12, and 13)
- Reserve Grand Champion Ewe Ribbon Only (Lots:7,8,10,11,12, and 13)
- Flock = 2 yearling ewes; 2 ewe lambs, 1 ram
Rules & Information
- All premium checks must be cashed within 30 days
- Tennessee Exhibitors must have a (90 day) and Out of State Exhibitors must have a (30 day) Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and meet the requirements of the Scrapie Program and the Cocke County Fair.
- All animals to be shown must arrive at the Fairgrounds by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, July 13th, 2018, and will be released following the show if not entered in the Junior Show.
- Competition is Open to anyone.
- Online entries will only be accepted.
- All animals in the show must be purebred and registered in the exhibitor’s name, or transferred to the exhibitor by July 1, 2018. Registration or transfer certificates, properly executed, must be presented to the show chairman upon arrival.
- Exhibitors are allowed to enter NO more than two(2) animals per lot.
- Exhibitors must comply with Tennessee Department of Agriculture Rules and the Cocke County Fair General Rules.
- If only one entry in a class, exhibitor will receive 2nd place premium money.
- Ribbons will be given for places 1st thru 10th.
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champions will receive Rosette Ribbons.
- Breed Show will be provided for any breed with ten(10) or more head an three(3) exhibitors. Breeds with less than ten(10) head and three(3) exhibitors will show in All Other Breeds, Class one(1).
- Entry Forms must be postmarked by June 30, 2018. Late entries will not be guaranteed a pen space.
- Entry fee: $2.00/head, Late Entry Fee: $3.00/head .
- Each exhibitor must purchase a $5.00 livestock pass. Up to four (4) additional passes may be purchased for $5.00 each. One (1) vehicle and trailer only will be admitted and MUST park in designated area.
- Feed and bedding must be furnished by the exhibitor and animals kept in assigned pens.
- Decisions of the Show manager and Judges will be final.
- Supreme Ram and Ewe will be selected from the Breed Show ONLY (classes 1-12) at the conclusion of the show.