Department 1 Division 7 Tuesday, August 15, 2023- 6:30PM
Entry Deadline: August 1, 2023. Preregistration is required.
Late Entries Will NOT Be accepted
Cattle MUST be in place by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Open & Junior Show will be held simultaneously. Release time will be 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
1st-$25 2nd-$20 3rd-$15 4th-$13 5th-$10
Class 1 – Angus
Class 2 – Saler
Class 3 – Hereford
Class 4 – Other Breeds
Lots and Calved
- Junior Heifer Calves: 1/1/23 or after
- Late Sr. Heifer Calves: 11/1/22-12/31/22
- Early Sr. Heifer Calves : 9/1/22-10/31/22
- Late Summer Yearling Heifers : 7/1/22-8/31/22
- Early Summer Yearling Heifers : 5/1/22-6/30/22
- Late Junior Yearling Heifers : 3/1/22-4/30/22
- Early Junior Yearling Heifers : 1/1/22- 2/28/22
- Late Senior Yearling Heifers : 11/1/21-12/31/21
- Early Senior Yearling Heifers : 9/1/20 -&10/31/20
- Cow/ Calf Pair: Calf:1/1/23 or later*
- Grand Champion: Ribbon Only
- Reserve Grand Champion: Ribbon Only
- Dairy Steers
- Little Cow Buddies: (Under 4th grade)
- Junior Showmanship: (4th -6th grades)
- Junior High Showmanship : (7th-8th grades)
- Senior Showmanship Level 1: (9th-10th grades)
- Senior Showmanship Level II: (11th-12th grades)
- Costume Class No Premiums
*Eligible for Grand Champion
- Premium Checks MUST be cashed in 30 days.
- Junior Show is limited to 4-H and FFA members enrolled by January 1 of current year or have not reached the end of the calendar year of their 21st birthday.
- All animals entered in the Junior Show must be registered in the name of the junior exhibitor, or transferred to the exhibitor by August 1, 2023. Registration papers or transfer certificates must be presented to the chairperson of the show upon arrival to the grounds.
- All animals exhibited must be accompanied by valid health certificate and meet the health requirements of the Fair and State Rules.
- Heifers and bulls shown in Other Breeds must be registered in the Herd Registry for their breed.
- Entry fee of $5.00 per tie space.
- If only one entry in a class, exhibitor will receive 2nd place money.
- Exhibitor and Spectator’s Pass will be required for $5.00 per person .
- Two(2) animals per exhibitor per lot may be entered.
- Breed show will be provided for any breed with ten(10) or more head. Breeds with less than ten(10) head will show in Class 4. To have a breed show, there must have been ten (10) or more head for the past three years, and then that breed will be granted it’s own show on the fourth year.
- Little Cow Buddies Rules:
- Children 2-8 years of Age, NOT a 4-H member.
- Calves do not need to be registered, but must be purebred beef animal.
- Animal does not have to be owned by the exhibitor.
- Entries receive a trophy.