Department 1 Division1
Friday August 18, 2023
Deadline for Online entries: August 1, 2023
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING SHEEP!
- ACTUAL EAR TAG NUMBERS MUST BE PROVIDED WHEN COMPLETING ONLINE REGISTRATION and must correspond with the sheep at weigh in.
- Market lambs and commercial ewes must be shown by the exhibitor with the exception of when there is more than one entry in a class.
- If you have read the instructions, Register Entries Online Here.
Class 1- Market Type Showmanship
1st-$10 2nd-$8 3rd-$6 4th-$4 5th-$2
Judging starts at 6:00 pm on Friday, August 18, 2023.
Exhibitors must use an animal entered in the name of the Exhibitor.
- Junior (4th-6th grades as of January 1, 2023)
- Junior High (7th-8th grades as of January 1, 2023)
- Senior (9th-12th grades as of January 1, 2023)
Class 2 – Commercial Ewe Show
1st-$18 2nd-$16 3rd-$14 4th-$12 5th-$10 6th-$8
Judging starts after Showmanship
Rules & Information
- All premium checks must be cashed within 30 days.
- Tennessee Exhibitors must have a (90 day) and Out of State Exhibitors must have a (30 day) Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and meet the requirements of the Scrapie Program and the Cocke County Fair.
- All animals to be shown must be checked in and weighed by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 18, 2023 and will be released at conclusion of the show.
- Competition is open to members of 4-H, FFA or any sheep association and must not have reached 21st birthday on January 1, 2022.
- Online entries ONLY will be accepted. NO mail in entries.
- All animals in the show must be transferred to the exhibitor by August 1, 2023.
- Exhibitors must comply with Tennessee Department of Agriculture Rules and the Cocke County Fair General Rules.
- If only one entry in a class, exhibitor will receive 2nd place premium money.
- Ribbons will be given for places 1st thru 10th.
- Entry must be made by August 1, 2022. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Entry fee: $2.00/head.
- Each exhibitor must purchase a $5.00 livestock pass. Up to four (4) additional passes may be purchased for $5.00 each. One (1) vehicle and trailer only will be admitted and MUST park in designated area.
- Feed and bedding must be furnished by the exhibitor and animals kept in assigned pens.
- Decisions of the Show chairman and Judges will be final.
- Commercial Ewes will be weighed and classified on Friday, August 18, 2023 from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Exhibitors may show no more than two(2) ewes per lot in the Commercial Ewe Show.
- All ewe lambs must have lamb teeth. Yearling ewes must have yearling teeth. No ewes with two (2) year teeth will be shown in the Commercial Ewe Show.
- Ewes shown as commercial ewes CANNOT show in the Open Breeding Show.
- Ewes will be divided into classes by weight.
- Champion and Reserve Champion Commercial Ewes receive Rosette Ribbons – No premium money.
- Yearling Commercial Ewe – White Face Influence
- Lamb Commercial Ewe – White Face Influence
- Yearling Commercial Ewe – Black Face Influence
- Lamb Commercial Ewe – Black Face Influence
- Champion Commercial Ewe
- Reserve Champion Ewe
Class 3– Market Lamb Show
1st-$18 2nd-$16 3rd-$14 4th-$10 5th-$8 6th-$6
Judging starts after Commercial Ewe Show
- General Rules of Commercial Ewe Show Apply
- Market Lambs will be weighed and classified on Friday, August 18, 2023 from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Exhibitors may show no more than four (4) lambs in the Market Lamb Show
- All market lambs must have lamb teeth and must be wethers or ewes.
- Ewe lambs shown as market lambs CANNOT show in the Open Breed Show.
- Lambs will be divided into classes by weight.
- There will not be a sale in connection at this show.
- Champion and Reserve Champion Market Lambs receive Rosette Ribbons and No Premium Money
- Market Lambs – White Face Influence
- Market Lambs – Black Face Influence
- Champion Market Lamb
- Reserve Champion Market Lamb